Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Why PGDJMC?

I am, pursuing my PG Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication, for a good career in Mass media as a Journalist. This course is very helpful and it provides a complete package by dealing with the different branches of Mass Media, like Print, Electronic, Radio and the New Media that is Internet. It also contains study of Advertising and Public Relations. So this course provides a wide spectrum with so many options to the students who want to join the Mass Media Industry.

I also want to do something for the upliftment of the down trodden people basically those belonging to rural areas, as I also belong to village and I know the problems that they are facing and this course and career in media will provide me a platform for this. One important aspect of this course is Development Communication, which teaches the importance of Mass Media and how it is helpful in the process of development. Development Communication also deals with the development of Rural, Tribal and Slum areas and the role of NGOs in social development.

So, overall this course is capable of fulfilling my need but in the last I just want to say one thing that I joined this course because I thought that this course will provide me a opportunity to stay in Dayalbagh for Satsang and Seva and secondly my aim was to get some sort of certificate or diploma from Dayalbagh Educational Institute. In the beginning I was not serious about this course, instead of Journalist my aim was to become a Teacher or a Civil Servant but after joining this course my thought process changed and I found the importance of this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment